What are we up to now?
At the present, we are gathering formal expressions of interest both in the original area of the Wiltshire/Hampshire river basin area (170,000 hectares) and now in neighbouring areas as farmers hear about us and agree with our direction.
We have already achieved the following:
- Created a trading template so that we are ready to engage with business and local authority enquiries
- Tested out biodiversity credit measurements on our own land
- Drafted Heads of Terms for potential trades
- Brought in new expertise to widen our farmer-led horizons
- Assessed mapping tools to gather data
- Formed EFG as a registered company ready for business enquiries
We will next:
- Draw up a catchment-wide conservation plan (if a FIPL grant is approved), building on the conservation plans of each Farmer Cluster
- Finalise our joint company (cooperative) membership terms
- Formalise our membership numbers
- Develop our eco-services for commercial organisations
- Develop our stage 2 business plan
- Investigate the capital and revenue tax implications of environmental trades